The Welch Cabin
Shift into low gear and arrive at the Welch Cabin for a day or more of rest and relaxation. Enjoy our cabin in the woods, the majestic views and peaceful time by the Kalama River.
When you book our retreat house and make a donation you can additionally feel good in knowing that you are helping to support one or more disadvantaged persons, as well as further protecting the Columbia River watershed.
Environmental stewardship, education and support for the Kalama River, an important Columbia River tributary, is one of our primary goals at the Make It Foundation. The Welch Cabin property is protected by a Columbia Land Trust Conservation Easement, which permanently protects the property against logging, development or any other activity that would potentially harm the natural environment.
The Welch Cabin is truly a unique place, set high atop a rock cliff above the Kalama River in SW Washington. We are pleased to offer the cabin to churches, nonprofits, corporations or individuals looking to host a meeting or retreat at our beautiful Retreat Center.
The Welch Cabin is available for the following events:
- Religious, corporate or family retreats
- Environmental stewardship research, training and educational activities
- Academic studies of the Kalama River watershed, Columbia River tributaries, and fish and wildlife studies
- Youth Club camp outs, day trips or hikes
The Retreat Center is generally available during these times:
- Peak Season – March through September
- Limited availability – February and October
- Closed – December and January
Please reach out to our staff for other questions about booking the Welch Cabin Retreat Center.